Saturday, April 3, 2010

A good lickin'

I recall having the beginning of this dream before. It was this strange metropolis/cavern of freeways. Some looping impossibly others have many split offs. Some going up and out of the cavern into bright light. It was like a roller coaster of pavement. I couldn’t tell which way was up at times. I do remember having a hard time navigating through the roller coaster maze at previous times though.
Suddenly, I was in a more traditional cavern in a sense, or really a cave-like tunnel. There were huge steatites and stalagmites of ice covered rock. I don’t know why we had to go through this thing, but we had to. Only at first could I feel the cold, but after awhile I couldn’t notice it. Me and a few others, which seemed like a pseudo family of members I’ve never seen.
Yet, together we wound our way through the passages having a good feeling that we were nearing the end, until we came to a part of the tunnels that had no ice. It grew a little noticeably warmer and there ceased to be ice. It seemed like someone lived there, but it looked mostly like a big kitchen. There were dried herbs hanging from the ceiling and everywhere else. Pots made of silver and brass hung from the ceiling as well. There was smoke from some unseen person cooking up something.
She emerged from somewhere, immediately pining for me first. I held her off as the rest made it to the other side and to the tunnels again. She was just a little old lady with wrinkly skin and with her hair tied back in usually grandma-like clothing. But apparently she was some sort of which because she blew some sort of powder in my face that was not good. My encounter was to lick my hand and wipe it on her face to counter whatever it was she did. Haha
I’m pretty sure there was more to the fight, but I didn’t write it down soon enough to remember =( but I made off to the tunnels again, and I don’t remember what happened after that.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting dream. My dreams are also usually filled with unknown places and people that seem to fit in as characters and scenes from my real life. I love trying to interpret dreams, though I wouldn’t say I am especially good at it. Perhaps this is why I’m commenting on this blog. I wouldn’t say I have an explanation for this one but then again I don’t have any background information on your life or any context of recent events that this may be brought about by.

    Generally speaking I would say that you feel somewhat controlled in some area of your life by an older person or by some kind of authority. It is as though the old lady tried to drug you and in turn you reacted by giving this person a taste of their own medicine. Is there somewhere in your life where this applies? Is there something in your life attempting to control some aspect of you that could use its own advice? Is someone you know being hypocritical? I found it funny that the picture you posted as your blog profile is relevant to this dream. Also out of curiosity, what did the powder taste like? I have never experienced taste in a dream.

    ReplyDelete