Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Facing It

I suppose the last dream I’ll be sharing with you guys happened to me just last night. At the moment I could consider it one of my worst nightmares. It haunts me during the nights that I dream of it and during the daylight that it slips into my mind. It leaves me uneasy, unlike any scary creature that creeps into my dreams.
I was at some sort of social gathering. It was evening and whosever apartment/condo we were in was not only a comfortable modern feel, but somehow homey. The living room, which is a main part that I remember, had a wide open feel to it, and a huge window with a glittering city view. The sofa was white, and me amongst other people were lounged around the room watching a movie. Light was flickering off of unknown people’s faces. It was somehow peaceful.
I was sitting closest to Amanda on the couch, leaning on her to get a better view of the T.V. I vaguely remember her either asking me a question or us talking about something. After our exchange I had a strange feeling though, I looked down at my stomach to touch it and I felt as if something were inside.
Next thing I know I’m in the bathroom taking a pregnancy test. The two minutes taking forever. It was positive.
While I’m sitting there in the bathroom with the light off, the only light coming in through the tiny window, who walks in, but my mom. “I told you this would happen. Now what are you going to do about school? Why don’t you go do some chemistry?” (Which I despise by the way.) She walks out.
I felt like all was lost and was going to keep this to myself as much as possible, especially from my boyfriend, at least for a little while. Until I figures out what I was going to do.
There’s a knock at the door and I have another visitor. Zach. My stomach falls, but the first thing he says is “Hey are you ok?” He knows what’s going on, and offers me nothing but comforting words. And somehow I feel okay.
Then I woke up. It wasn’t as bad as I recall it. I suppose it feels better just getting it off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment