Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The things I live through

It’s a myth. I swear. I’d prove it if I could but I don’t know what else I could tell you other than my own personal testimony. I think the first person I’d heard the myth of falling and dying in your dreams was from one of my elementary school best friends, Katie.
“In your dreams, if you’re falling and don’t wake up before you hit the floor, you die!”
Well, here is some living proof any of you who have heard that myth.
I was pretty freaked out when I first heard of this myth on account of I have plenty of bad dreams, so why not one where I’d plummet off of something??
I did have a few dreams of flying.. so that would put me at a high place to fall. But I wouldn’t call those instances falling technically because it was more like a crash landing at times or I couldn’t ever really get off the ground.
However, I do remember a dream that I had a few times when I was little. I was playing kick ball in a school yard with some friends and the ball would roll away from our circle of kicking. No one seemed to go after the ball so I did. I waved my little hand and called out that I’d get it. But as I got closer I realized it had rolled into a sewer drain thing. So I stick my arm, then my body as I could see that I could fit, and I end up falling in trying to get the ball.
I fell for quite a while eventually my body found solid ground with a thump. As I’d look up to see the little red ball in the sliver of light there was a huge chained bear that basically mauled me. That wasn’t nice. Other times it had been a huge black panther.
So.. if I can survive falling and maulings from massive animals.. I think that sort of disproves the myth.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for busting this myth. It has always concerned me. I have fallen in a lot of my dreams but never actually landed. . .

    ReplyDelete